After several weeks of exams and then a week of limbo in which I forgot my password...I have finally returned to the blogging community (cue triumphant comeback music, and then, if you're still feeling feisty, the Rocky theme).
Today's blog deals with bowl games - who's going to win them and a short breakdown of each one
I'm going to keep a tally of each bowl game I get right and wrong...there are 34 in all, so the results should be interesting. They'll either prove I'm a hack in terms of college football knowledge or that I know what I'm talking about, so I hope I put on a good show.
Eaglebank Bowl: Wake Forest vs. Navy
Wake Forest lines up against Navy in a rematch of a regular season affair in which Navy won 24-17. The Demon Deacons fell behind 17-0 in the first half of the two team's first games, but don't look for a repeat performance from Wake Forest. Quarterback Riley Skinner threw four interceptions in that contest (he only threw seven all season) to doom his team and basically hand Navy a game that the ACC power should have won. The win was the Midshipmen's first victory against a ranked opponent since 1985, but it'll be tough for them to beat the Demon Deacons twice in the same season. Wake Forest will be looking for revenge for the home loss, and they'll end up winning by a narrow margin.
Of interest in today's game is that these are two of the better rushing attacks in the country. Navy has only rushed the ball a handful of times compared to most college football teams (remnants of Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson's triple option offense) and Wake Forest is tops in the ACC in rushing.
The pick: Wake Forest 27, Navy 24
(updates to come later for the rest of today's games)
New Mexico Bowl: Colorado State v. Fresno State
The pick: Fresno State 31, Colorado State 21
Magicjack St. Petersburg Bowl: Memphis v. South Florida
South Florida 45, Memphis 14
Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl: (16) BYU v. Arizona
BYU 28, Arizona 27.
No comments:
Post a Comment